Sunday, June 30, 2013

Fourth of July Card with America Collage

Hi Dreamers,
I made a few Fourth of July cards to send out to my friends and family.  I used the stamp America Collage from Lost Coast Designs.  The image was stamped on white CS with Jet Black Archival ink.






  • A red and yellow Marvy Marker was used to color the flag and dress of lady liberty






  • The coloring was done with Distress inks applied with the Ranger applicator tool
  • Distress ink colors: 
Antique Linen

Vintage Photo 
Frayed Burlap
Scattered Straw
Faded Jeans






  • Layer stamped piece on a red folded card and navy CS
  • Add three star brads





The cards went together quickly and I already put them in the mail.  I stamped Happy Fourth of July on the inside.
I finished up the work in my yard yesterday!  I planted  the second tree and moved the woodpile.  Also made some steps with cement blocks.  Lot of heavy work, but now it is all done.  I will take some photos soon to show you.  My back hurts, but I am glad to be done.  Now, I can sit back and enjoy!!  Break out the lemonade!!

Some very challenging Challenges for my America Collage Fourth of July Card
Chocolate, coffee, cards: fourth of July
Sugar Creek Hollow: colors of your flag
Sweet Stampin: not cute
Simon Says stamp: anything goes

That's it for me today.  Tomorrow is the start of a new Stampsmith Challenge.  Check out my Tea themed card for that on Monday.  Hope your weekend is going well.  See you tomorrow!  Love ya.
Karen

11 comments:

  1. Really nice card! You did a FAB job on the collage, love it! Happy to have you play along with us at CC&CC. Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card for Fourth of July week in the U.S.! I like the vintage Americana look of your stamp and how you colored "Mount Rushmore". Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific design Karen, hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card for 4th July, the images and design look great. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen,

    Your patriotic card for the 4th of July is terrific! I'm visiting from Chocolate, Coffee & Cards. I hope you will drop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, love your stamping.

    Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Karen, such a wonderful image.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your lovely card at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the Challenge. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card...love the stamps you used, too! Hope you are having a wonderful 4th of July weekend! Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stampin' challenge and hope to see you again next week! --Gail in Phoenix, AZ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHOCOLATE, COFFEE and CARDS challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card and layout with great coloring! Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week.
    Hugz
    Moz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.